Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM

Rodec Progressive Series

Anyone here with any first hand exposure to Rodec's Progressive Series line of mixers? I did a search and I did find some discussion regarding Rodec's MX-180. But, nothing about the Progressive Series (MX 1800, MX 2200, etc.). Thanks!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:42 AM

Im surprised you never hear anything about these mixers as they have been out for a good while now, they look pretty sweet and Rodec have a great rep for sound quality and build etc.

I know HTFR sell them in the UK, we were considering one for our podcast setup but went for a Xone92 as we couldnt find any info and Birmingham was a bit of a hike for demo and you cant go to far wrong with a 92....

We would be interested if anyone has some info on them

Thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 06:45 AM

Belgian DJ I know raves about em, I gather theyre the UREI of the non-rotary market (ie upfaders, channel gains, has crossfader etc)
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 AM

not exactly, they're far from the best sounding fader mixers, but the quality is right up there with Dateq (and that says something) its a Belgian brand, and in many Belgian clubs you still see Rodec mixers (progressive, but mostly MX 180mk3s & originals) in favour of DJM 800s. There aren't many clubs in europe that dont have DJM 800s.

I cant really comment on the sound, since I've never heard the progressive, but based on what I read the sound is going to be very good, albeit not UREI/Bozak like.
Quality wise these things are tougher than tanks
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricplums
Im surprised you never hear anything about these mixers as they have been out for a good while now, they look pretty sweet and Rodec have a great rep for sound quality and build etc.

I know HTFR sell them in the UK, we were considering one for our podcast setup but went for a Xone92 as we couldnt find any info and Birmingham was a bit of a hike for demo and you cant go to far wrong with a 92....

We would be interested if anyone has some info on them

Thanks

That's my problem. I haven't put my hands on one. I actually have a 92R. That MX 1800 and 2200 are actually a step up on the 92 feature wise. But what I know about them is only what I can find on the net...
Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estacy
not exactly, they're far from the best sounding fader mixers, but the quality is right up there with Dateq (and that says something) its a Belgian brand, and in many Belgian clubs you still see Rodec mixers (progressive, but mostly MX 180mk3s & originals) in favour of DJM 800s. There aren't many clubs in europe that dont have DJM 800s.

I cant really comment on the sound, since I've never heard the progressive, but based on what I read the sound is going to be very good, albeit not UREI/Bozak like.
Quality wise these things are tougher than tanks

This is good feedback. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 AM

I've been looking for a new mixer for a while now and considered the progressive series - they look great don't they?

I found as you did that there's not much info out there about them. I assume they are digital mixers internally (based on the fact that they have spdif inputs) but Rodec give no clues as to what tech is inside. I did ask for more info via their contact form but never got a reply.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM

I got 2 older Rodec mixers. MX100 and BX14. I really like the build quality and if i hadent built my DIY rotary i would still use the BX14.

www.Bozure.com

On Facebook
Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmono
I found as you did that there's not much info out there about them. I assume they are digital mixers internally (based on the fact that they have spdif inputs) ....
They are analog!

And they are not
Quote:
far from the best sounding fader mixers
if, then subjectively
Old 01-17-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossa nolyx
They are analog!

The progressive series? Can I ask how you know?

I've never seen an analogue mixer with digital inputs and outputs before.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:

It's possible. You have to check the schematic. For example, if I recall correctly, an analogue signal passing through a A&H Xone 4D can in fact stay analogue all the way through and doesn't have to run through a AD/DA conversion before it reaches the outputs. I think the inputs are only convertered when headed for the soundcard. To me, it is an analogue mixer with digital features. I only see one digintal input and one digital output on the Rodec's. So, it may sum the output and convert it just for recording. Again, who knows without seeing a schematic...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBIGREG
It's possible. You have to check the schematic. For example, if I recall correctly, an analogue signal passing through a A&H Xone 4D can in fact stay analogue all the way through and doesn't have to run through a AD/DA conversion before it reaches the outputs. I think the inputs are only convertered when headed for the soundcard. To me, it is an analogue mixer with digital features. I only see one digintal input and one digital output on the Rodec's. So, it may sum the output and convert it just for recording. Again, who knows without seeing a schematic...

I can believe they are analogue.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the rationale behind a digital input on an analogue DJ mixer which is what lead me to think they might be processing digitally inside.

I see Rodec list a USB input option that can be added to any digital channel (channels 5,6,7 on the MX3000). This makes more sense if there is a separate DAC on each digital input and ADC on the digital outputs.

Either way, imho its a damn good looking mixer on paper, would love to have a play with one. The layout & ergonomics look great, the metering design is spot on, the cue section is well designed and the FX routing is also very nice.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Dynacord M1 is more than 15 years old (I think) and has digital inputs and is an analog mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBIGREG
It's possible. You have to check the schematic.

Again, who knows without seeing a schematic...
Or you simply ask rodec

Did not work with the progressive series yet. But I think the digital I/Os just have AD/DA converters that maybe sound better than the converters of many CD players.

But I did not ever heard the new series...
Old 01-18-2012, 12:02 PM

They seem to have a rotary option... info anyone?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:52 PM

I'm pretty sure they don't. the spec mentions optional volume rotary, But that refers to the alarm input. you can see space for them under the master outs
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM

The RODEC MX1800 is probably the best sounding analogue Dj mixer I heard in the last 20 years. Lots of details and surprising 3-dimensional crisp mids and vocals. Typical fast RODEC bass.

The USB-Input-cards can be bought as an option and can be retrofitted easily. Nothing special these days. Any Guitar shop has this USB-units on stock from various manufacturers. I dont need it - I dont have an iPhone and I dont want one!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM

I'm selling a MINT MX1400. has less then 1 hour of usage! I used to be the Rodec rep in NY and this was my sample. The ebay price is $945 I am willing to drop it to $899 with free shipping. If you are interested make an offer for $899 on the ebay listing and I will accept it. I wish I could keep it but I have to pay my boss back for the sample and $900 is a lot of money to float on my sample account.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120809543704?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649#ht_1174wt_1189
Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 PM

MAP Price is $1199

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Just J
I'm selling a MINT MX1400. has less then 1 hour of usage! I used to be the Rodec rep in NY and this was my sample. The ebay price is $945 I am willing to drop it to $899 with free shipping. If you are interested make an offer for $899 on the ebay listing and I will accept it. I wish I could keep it but I have to pay my boss back for the sample and $900 is a lot of money to float on my sample account.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120809543704?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649#ht_1174wt_1189