Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 PM

Boogie, early house, Prelude jamz, proto house, jackin' house.

I was way into that French stuff a couple of years ago, but now if I hear it, I run!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:50 PM

House "vocal" mainly though i like to mix in a lot of classic house tunes (i call it Education). I also have a 6hour set every Saturday where i play classic Soul, Funk, Rhythm & Blues and a little bit of Blues, It's strange getting people dancing to Sam & Dave at 2am!

At home i listen to a lot of old Disco & house and lately I've been listening to a fair bit of blues, Freddie King at the moment!

Kieren.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:05 AM

Sorry, a bit off topic, can anyone send me links to on-line shops selling house on Vinyl.

Kieren
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM

JAKBEAT!

What defines jakbeat tracks has a lot to do with the jacking feeling and little to do with labels, aesthetics, or any list of synthesizers. The Jack sound exists in an endless assortment of musics. For example: italo can jack, disco can jack, detroit techno can jack, industrial can jack, cosmic can jack, deep house can jack etc...
For a while it was generally known that you do not need a Roland TB303 to make 'acid'. But as other fashions took control of our house, that fundamental understanding was lost... and the aesthetic took over. A contrived image was left with the masses. It has been said by greater men that Jakbeat as it has come to be known is a not just a hash back to a golden age of house, it’s not just a mess of drum beats and synths and it’s not just something that is created at random. “Jack” exists on all levels and can be found everywhere in music “Jakbeat” is a state of mind and different level of musical consciousness.

I am going to try to speak for a few other people in our tightly knit circle that I know feel strongly about this. The misconception is that Jack is only House. The truth is that Jack encompasses all. Jack isnt something that can merely be described, as it is feeling, an emotion, a mental state of transcendental connection - a spiritual connection with the higher being through the physical vessel of the body- Pulse.Kode.Modulation.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:28 PM

I get a lot of that jackin' feeling from the garage records produced by Timmy Regisford and Boyd Jarvis in the Mid 80's. To me, there has to be a shitload of hand claps.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to johnpuga1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special.K
Sorry, a bit off topic, can anyone send me links to on-line shops selling house on Vinyl.

Kieren

www.dancerecords.com
Old 12-06-2008, 04:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to johnpuga1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin James
I'm playing mostly deep house and soulful vocal house lately. The production quality is more pleasing to my ear and the tracks are not so disposable. I'm having problems finding enough of it that I like to satisfy my needs though. I'm VERY picky. I like nice deep stuff, but not "deep and moody", and I like sopulful vocal stuff but not too anthemish. Some of it sounds a little too gay for my taste (And before anyone gets there panties in a ruffle I don't mean that in a negative way its just not my style).

Buy old records. I look for all the classics I didn't know about at the time or passed up. One I picked up the other day was DJ Rasoul's "Let Me Love You." I started off listening to house like that and continue to love it. But, nights and songs of that quality are far and few between in these days. I remember being 20 yrs old and going to Shelter for the first time. It was the spot before the most recent one on Varrick St. The vibe was so thick. All kinds of people there, dancing, getting lost into the music. Talk about real dancers, those guys and girls got down. I miss those kinds of nights.

Last edited by johnpuga1982 : 12-06-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpuga1982
Buy old records. I look for all the classics I didn't know about at the time or passed up. One I picked up the other day was DJ Rasoul's "Let Me Love You." I started off listening to house like that and continue to love it. But, nights and songs of that quality are far and few between in these days.

Pick up "Quiet Storm" by DJ rasoul if you can, not the new press but the original on Subwoofer records from 1997 as the tune is different on the new press.
Any way quality tune
Old 12-06-2008, 09:17 PM

Everything i can dance to
deep house, house, 70ths and 80ths disco, soul (60ths 70ths and some new stuff) oldschool Rap and the list goes on and on.

The first three hours of my last party @stereo (germany):

elektronika 11.21.08 Part1 (23:00Uhr - 24:00Uhr) Laurin Schafhausen
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VE1W68YK

elektronika 11.21.08 Part2 (24:00Uhr - 01:00Uhr) Laurin Schafhausen
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=QWNRXGWT

elektronika 11.21.08 Part3 (01:00Uhr - 01:57Uhr) Laurin Schafhausen / (01:57Uhr - 02:00Uhr) Peavey
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=99E97BKD

I have just upgraded the System and will post soon some pics.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:01 PM

Dancerecords.com

Having been an employee of theirs (from 2002-2005), I would call to make sure they have the record actually in stock. They are going through some shifts with personnel and their site may not be up to date.

Additionally, with all of the recent distributor closures in the US and Europe, who knows how that is affecting them.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurin
Everything i can dance to
deep house, house, 70ths and 80ths disco, soul (60ths 70ths and some new stuff) oldschool Rap and the list goes on and on.

The first three hours of my last party @stereo (germany):

elektronika 11.21.08 Part1 (23:00Uhr - 24:00Uhr) Laurin Schafhausen
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VE1W68YK

elektronika 11.21.08 Part2 (24:00Uhr - 01:00Uhr) Laurin Schafhausen
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=QWNRXGWT

elektronika 11.21.08 Part3 (01:00Uhr - 01:57Uhr) Laurin Schafhausen / (01:57Uhr - 02:00Uhr) Peavey
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=99E97BKD

I have just upgraded the System and will post soon some pics.

we still have to work something out man
Old 12-08-2008, 03:00 PM

I'm playing anything on [Plastic City] and anything in that similar vein. Deep-Tech house (non vocal), is what I like the best right now. Also i'm liking some deep-techno along the lines of Echospace, Deepchord, CV313 and the like.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
And Kerri Chandler,s " Hexidecimal " IF your speakers can handle playing this at high volume, KICKIN HARD!

you and I speak the same language, loving this release!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:11 PM

With me it depends on what mood i'm in or what i'm feeling like to what music I spin or listen to. Yesturday night was old and new deep house to sit back to and chill after work..Put on a good lp, have a glass of wine then have a good mix before bed

Mix tapes need to make a comeback, I hate recording mixes on the PC; to much messing about...give me a good quality tape any day...bish bash bosh and it's done no messing about. Your best mixes are always the ones that are not down on Hard drive/tape lol grabbing the cammera at the best bits lol
This was the shizz I was playing last night.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKrNk...e=channel_page
Old 12-12-2008, 12:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
My latest dj mix: http://adamfreemer.net/AdamFreemerFall2008DJMix.mp3

And my latest productions on my myspace: www.myspace.com/1adam12
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 AM

@vinyl junkie:
I know you didnt like traktor. But recording with traktor is so easy. Just a cable from rec out to the soundcard and hit the record button. Thats it!
If you want it, traktor cuts the recording every hour in a new part and the quality is A+!

@#npnk:
We have to!
It was a long way that the people here in germany accept deep house but now there is a real big trend. Away from minimal back to house.
And now (after i have installed the Bertha's @ Stereo) the crowd can feel the Bass!
They used to have a double 18" ported sub and now the have 2 Berthas and 2 double 15" kickwoofers...

Last edited by Laurin : 12-15-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:50 AM

invite me over, godamnit!!!
for you, i will do it cheap...*laugh*

next year in september we celebrate our first year of "we like.." with lots of friends over two days (at least so is the plan) and i would like you to come to dresden and see real headz bouncing