Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2003, 02:11 PM

New CD player by Technic

very few informations about this new CD player.

the product name will be SL-???? (the famous SL serie).

and he will have a motorized rotative plate which will drive the CD player.

I attached 1 picture of the CD player.

bye

julien
(sorry for my english)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sl-cd1.jpg (72.2 KB, 763 views)
Old 09-04-2003, 02:13 PM

the second picture...

here is the second picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sl-cd2.jpg (67.0 KB, 738 views)
Old 09-04-2003, 02:15 PM

the third picture...

the last one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sl-cd3.jpg (57.2 KB, 762 views)
Old 09-04-2003, 02:18 PM

Smile Sorry !!!

Sorry for the mistake.

it's Technics..
Old 09-04-2003, 02:26 PM

Re: Sorry !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jcalegari
Sorry for the mistake.

it's Technics..
So far I have not been able to find out availability, or pricing on this very nice looking machine! But, I want it, and i want it now! Very suave!
Old 09-04-2003, 02:43 PM

Re: Re: Sorry !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by clubman5
So far I have not been able to find out availability, or pricing on this very nice looking machine! But, I want it, and i want it now! Very suave!

I saw this earlier on DHP and it was said to be 3g's, and avalable in japan. It looks like fun but I tell you what I still have'nt heard a DJ cd player that sounds as good as the Denon's. So at 3 grand they better have spent a good chunk of cash on the D/A converts.

BTW vinyl Is Not Dead...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sorry !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jsd540
I saw this earlier on DHP and it was said to be 3g's, and avalable in japan. It looks like fun but I tell you what I still have'nt heard a DJ cd player that sounds as good as the Denon's. So at 3 grand they better have spent a good chunk of cash on the D/A converts.

BTW vinyl Is Not Dead...
Thersw no way itll cost three G,s here! It wont sell! And technics likes to sell!

12-1500 I can see!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sorry !!!

Quote:
Thersw no way itll cost three G,s here! It wont sell! And technics likes to sell!

12-1500 I can see!

Now that is reasonable, but even still it has to sound right, and at 800.00 (ish) the denon s5000 sounds much better than the pioneer.

Is functionally very kick ass as well.

So Technics better open up a can of whup ass on all frontiers...

disclaimer: No vinyl was harmed in the production of this post.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:09 PM

Got something...

It might be around $2,500 here in the states, it they release it here. It may not be any better than the Denon S-5000. It might be displayed at AES.

I don't think I'll recommend it. -Looks gee-whiz neato though.

-PB
Old 09-04-2003, 05:13 PM

Re: Got something...

Quote:
Originally posted by pbellsound
It might be around $2,500 here in the states, it they release it here. It may not be any better than the Denon S-5000. It might be displayed at AES.

I don't think I'll recommend it. -Looks gee-whiz neato though.

-PB
Gee, I would have held off on making that comment until I at least heard it! Its just the first we have even seen pictures let alone know anyone whose used it!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:23 PM

well....

Scotty, you must have the internet implanted in your head. What was that turnaround post/reply time, three minutes?

My guy who knows somebody that has seen it said these things and for that price, I don’t think it’s worth it.

OT: Funny how the Denon S5000 does appear to be a better/more feature laden unit than the CDJ1000 but the clients still want the 1000. Just bought another two today for a joint called PM.

-PB
Old 09-04-2003, 05:39 PM

Re: well....

Quote:
Scotty, you must have the internet implanted in your head. What was that turnaround post/reply time, three minutes?

My guy who knows somebody that has seen it said these things and for that price, I don’t think it’s worth it.

OT: Funny how the Denon S5000 does appear to be a better/more feature laden unit than the CDJ1000 but the clients still want the 1000. Just bought another two today for a joint called PM.

-PB
My day is over here, so I happened to be sitting in front of my computer!

See my whole point is, I havent even heard the machine! Now, If you know someone who HAS heard and played with it, then you can make a statement like that!

Im gonna tell you gentlemen a little secret. Remember the Blackout? Well, the Friday after the blackout when power came back on, I came down here to check everything out, and of course open up! Well, the power outage blew out my Tascam DAT player, and my Denon D-9000 24 bit top of the line dual CD player! So, I ran to a local shop and bought a CHEAPIE CD player to get me over the weekend. It was a $300 Gemini CDX-602! Mind you, my Denon is being repaired, BUT, Guess what? yUP, THE Gemini $300 MACHINE blows THE expensive denon awayyyyyyy! aND NOT JUST A LITTLE BIT! Alot! Much better bass, warmer sound, smoother mids and nice highs! I swear to G_d!

Couldnt believe, and the next morning when I called my opening man, to tell him what to do, he had already figured things out, and even he said this machine sounds great!

300 bucks! Go figure?

My point is, Denon, to me, has always had an extremely bright sound! i still have my old Denon 2000F from 1994! And Ill reserve judgement on the NEW Technics until I have heard music through it!

Last edited by clubman5 : 09-04-2003 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:10 PM

UPDATE

Guy # 2 says the thing has mostly the same features as the CDJ1000, will do MP3's and will be available here at the end of November listing for around $1,500.00.

Lets see what guy # 3 thinks and of course, how we all think it sounds.

BTW-most of these CD players share the same basic hardware and drive electronics all made by I think 2 manufacturers in Asia. One global economy ya know. The differences are packaging, features lights and buttons.

-PB
Old 09-04-2003, 06:21 PM

Re: UPDATE

Quote:
Guy # 2 says the thing has mostly the same features as the CDJ1000, will do MP3's and will be available here at the end of November listing for around $1,500.00.

Lets see what guy # 3 thinks and of course, how we all think it sounds.

BTW-most of these CD players share the same basic hardware and drive electronics all made by I think 2 manufacturers in Asia. One global economy ya know. The differences are packaging, features lights and buttons.

-PB
So why do different machines from different manufacturers sound different?

I mean Pioneer and Denon definitely dont sound the same!

Of course, if you think things through, it makes sense for technics to price their NEW machine somewhat competitively! I had said I thought you will see these at a 12-1500 dollar pricepoint!
Old 09-04-2003, 08:00 PM

Re: Re: UPDATE

Quote:
So why do different machines from different manufacturers sound different?

I mean Pioneer and Denon definitely dont sound the same!

A suspicion could be that the analogue buffering varies from machine to machine, as we know op-amps vary like hell in their performance. Good d-a chipsets such as the Crystal range can be obtained cheaply in quantity by oems, therefore the finger could be pointed to the analogue stages maybe? Really clean psu and Burr-Brown etc i.cs cost dough and require great art to implement, therefore they are going to be bigger factors than the d-a i.c IMO.

Also, irrespective of these machines buffering tracking-errors / jitter will affect players differently, even ones with the same transport-mechanism, pushing the error-correction to varying degrees.

Just a thought, you could spend a lot of time deliberating over the subjective merits of various players. It surprises me that Scott prefers the Gemini though, I guess a case of where cheap is best, how often us that?
Old 09-04-2003, 08:08 PM

Gemini!

It happened by accident! The blackout blew out my Denon D-9000! So, I needed a player to get me over the weekend! I bought cheap, as I intended to have the EXPENSIVE Denon repaired!

Very surprisingly the Gemini actually sounds terrific! Go figure! If I had been in the market to buy a serious CD player I NEVER would have even looked at Gemini! It was an accident, but a pleasant one!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:01 PM

Re: Gemini!

Quote:
It happened by accident!
Very surprisingly the Gemini actually sounds terrific! Go figure!
Just when you thought it was safe to write off gemini

I never would have guessed....
Old 09-04-2003, 11:11 PM

Re: well....

Quote:
Funny how the Denon S5000 does appear to be a better/more feature laden unit than the CDJ1000 but the clients still want the 1000. Just bought another two today for a joint called PM.

-PB
I can't figure it out, the denon also has a better more rugged feel and is actually a dual machine in one w/ 2 outs

People love the effects unit too, and I think it's a sonic atrocity...

Kids today...
Old 09-04-2003, 11:17 PM

Re: Re: well....

Quote:
I can't figure it out, the denon also has a better more rugged feel and is actually a dual machine in one w/ 2 outs

People love the effects unit too, and I think it's a sonic atrocity...

Kids today...
See I didnt say I like the Pioneer! But I " KNOW " why everybody likes the Pioneer better!

It has a mellower sounding midrange! Even I would listen to CD,s through my Denon,s and wonder! The Denon has a bright, harsh sounding midrange that is offensive!

Im waiting to see what the new Technics sounds like, cause If I like it the spot for it is right between my two Technics tables on my 3 bay console!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:29 AM

Re: Re: Re: well....

Quote:
See I didnt say I like the Pioneer! But I " KNOW " why everybody likes the Pioneer better!

It has a mellower sounding midrange! Even I would listen to CD,s through my Denon,s and wonder! The Denon has a bright, harsh sounding midrange that is offensive!

Im waiting to see what the new Technics sounds like, cause If I like it the spot for it is right between my two Technics tables on my 3 bay console!

I can't wait to hear them also. I currently use a dn2500f and was going to upgrade to a 9000 but after hearing what you said about the gemini I may just get that and take my wife on a cruise with the extra 900 bucks... I'll be needin' some sun and paper umbrella littered drinks by thanksgiving...

Decisions, decisions.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: well....

Quote:
I can't wait to hear them also. I currently use a dn2500f and was going to upgrade to a 9000 but after hearing what you said about the gemini I may just get that and take my wife on a cruise with the extra 900 bucks... I'll be needin' some sun and paper umbrella littered drinks by thanksgiving...

Decisions, decisions.
And you will be happy, both on your vacation, and listening to music!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: well....

Quote:
And you will be happy, both on your vacation, and listening to music!

I will follow your teachings of happiness through deep bass and try to achieve a higher fidelity
Old 09-06-2003, 01:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: well....

Quote:
I will follow your teachings of happiness through deep bass and try to achieve a higher fidelity
The guy at the shop I bought it from likes the Numark players! I bought the Gemini because it was cheap. I just needed it till I got my 9000 repaired! But, I always wondered why the same CD,s I would play sounded kinda good in his shop through MTX speakers! I would leave with CD,s I had heard in the store and they never had that delicate top end in my place! Now they do through the Gemini!

What I say is, go to a store, and listen to various models from various manufacturers! Youll come up with something that sounds nice, and has the features you want!

Same thing would happen when I heard CD,s through Pioneer machines. Smoother warmer midrange. Denon is edgy and excessively bright sounding! I know, I have two Denons!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:35 AM

fascinating thread...

now someone should check out if the higher end gemini decks sound sweet as well - I mean the 602 doesnīt have master tempo, I think it doesnīt have seamlessn loop and I must say that single player units are easier to use in 9 of 10 cases

as for the pioneer: I am very interested about the sound, but I think people choose the cdj as they think it has everything they need; it isnīt that complicated compared to the denon

and the cdj 800 has all the essential features and can you can make a deall on that deck if you donīt want to spend too much
Old 09-06-2003, 04:46 PM

your right!

Quote:
Originally posted by jensx
fascinating thread...

now someone should check out if the higher end gemini decks sound sweet as well - I mean the 602 doesnīt have master tempo, I think it doesnīt have seamlessn loop and I must say that single player units are easier to use in 9 of 10 cases

as for the pioneer: I am very interested about the sound, but I think people choose the cdj as they think it has everything they need; it isnīt that complicated compared to the denon

and the cdj 800 has all the essential features and can you can make a deall on that deck if you donīt want to spend too much
As I have stated, my reason for buying this machine was I was IN A JAM! I went with price! I will be looking for a machine with this sound, and more features!

It isnt the first time something like this has happened!