Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 03:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to NeverObsolete Send a message via Yahoo to NeverObsolete
Vestax PMC 25 help.

Ok, fellows. I know this is not one of the standards. Nevertheless, is there a thread that addressed this mixer? Has anyone used it? Are there any comments? What is the sound quality like? Are the isolators up to par? Is it worth the $369 retailers are asking?

I want to learn to use a rotary mixer before I make a thousand dollar investment in one of the standards. I have been looking at the UREI LE. I feel if I choose to buy that will be my purchase. I looked at the Rane also. It will be one of those due to hook up options.

Each one of those are a grand or more new, and even with the auction option, it's close to the grand mark.

This mixer comes with the rotary option and the isolator. I feel I would be getting a chance to sample the feel of both worlds. This would give me an idea of what I am about to invest in. I feel an educated consumer makes the best customer.

Help me on this one. Any comments or remark about this mixer good or bad would be deeply appreciated.

Vestax PMC 25

Last edited by NeverObsolete : 03-12-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:40 PM

flip the little date range thing at the bottom of the forum to 'the begining', and do a search on 'Vestax' and/or 'pmc25'

pmc25 will get some specific threads, but will miss alot because the past post search engine on this site wont catch 'pmc 25' -- it won't look for three character searches

vestax will bring up everything the mentions vestax -- should get a larger return of results

dsa_audio or Mistick Krewe or dave
Old 03-13-2006, 01:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to NeverObsolete Send a message via Yahoo to NeverObsolete
Quote:
Originally posted by louped garou
flip the little date range thing at the bottom of the forum to 'the begining', and do a search on 'Vestax' and/or 'pmc25'

pmc25 will get some specific threads, but will miss alot because the past post search engine on this site wont catch 'pmc 25' -- it won't look for three character searches

vestax will bring up everything the mentions vestax -- should get a larger return of results

Thanks for the tip on the search. I looked up all the info. I think I will purchase this as a practice piece. I will have to acquainted with the rotary style of mixer. This would be a good learning tool.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 AM

These are good for the money

When Vestax first made these, they were assembled in Japan, and they weigh more and sound better than the newer ones that came out later, assembled in China or Korea...

I own a Pmc 27. This was superceded by the
Pmc 270 which is not nearly as solidly made, even though it looks exactly the same. I think the Pmc 25 was discontinued and replaced by the 250. ( made in Korea )

These 25/ 27 / 46/ 55 units were built at the early stages of Vestax's marketing drive on the dj mixer scene and they were trying hard to impress!

I have had success with using seperate phono preamps running into my Vestax.

For the money a pmc 25 is good value second hand, just dont get a pmc 250!
I dont believe they are as well made.

Cheers, Nick