Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 02:29 PM

Vestax DCR-1200 Pro Isolator...

Has anyone used it? I know it will not compare to an E&S X3004, Bozak, Duo unit. But a buddy of mine is selling his dcr 1200 to me for a very very affordable price, but he is in a different state so I wont be able to judge for myself. I figure this will be good for me to hone my skills on an isolator in general, but I wanted to hear other peoples experiences... if they have ever come across it. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:37 PM

i heard they break down a lot and vestaxs service is bad
Old 07-22-2008, 04:56 AM

I got mine for 250 euros NEW.

Almost two years of weekly usage and no wear or any audible degrade in sound (over the time I mean).

Overall, I haven't really noticed any difference in sound quality with my home audio gear.

Could live without it, but it is nice when playing live.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
I got mine for 250 euros NEW.

Almost two years of weekly usage and no wear or any audible degrade in sound (over the time I mean).

Overall, I haven't really noticed any difference in sound quality with my home audio gear.

Could live without it, but it is nice when playing live.

Hi Root. It will be used with a Rane 2016 so Im not looking to boost the sound quality, but to have during live performances to do cuts and tricks. Will this do the job?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM

here in greece every store says to me that the dcr 1200 has stoped from production...the same thing they told me for the dcr 1500!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Dreams
here in greece every store says to me that the dcr 1200 has stoped from production...the same thing they told me for the dcr 1500!!!

LOL is that a good thing or a bad thing. The 1200 I can understand since it's been around for a while, btu the 1500 was just released a year ago wasn't it? Only if they offered it for less $$.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwintjoe2016
Hi Root. It will be used with a Rane 2016 so Im not looking to boost the sound quality, but to have during live performances to do cuts and tricks. Will this do the job?

why not just use the isolator in the rane?

no sense running it through a second one, especially one that is likely lower quality than the built in one on the mixer.

unless big knobs are essential to you.

on that note, wouldn't it be pretty simple to stick the controls for the built in isolator in a separate rack unit and put bigger knobs on it?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminb
why not just use the isolator in the rane?

no sense running it through a second one, especially one that is likely lower quality than the built in one on the mixer.

unless big knobs are essential to you.

on that note, wouldn't it be pretty simple to stick the controls for the built in isolator in a separate rack unit and put bigger knobs on it?
Hi Ben. You are right in many ways. Many friends have suggested to not get it and just use the ones built in. They are good enough if not better than the Vestax. But the position of the Isolators on the rane and the knobs being microscopic becomes a pain. I saw some dude in Japan that customizes those knobs to bigger ones, but im sure the parts labor and shipping will be about a grand. At that point i might as well just wait and get a Dope Real ISO or save up for a Xone V6. Thanks for the advice
Old 07-23-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwintjoe2016

It'll be ideal for that purpose. I personally prefer three-way, but with the on board freq switch the DCR can be converted to three-wayish.

There is practically no friction on the knobs and they are huge.