Wave Music Home
ReleasesCommunityYour OrderWave Music
ArtistsEventsDJ MixesShop

Wave Music Home


Home
About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links




Search


Adv. Search



Subscribe


Email






Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2008, 01:51 PM
dino59 dino59 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 296
Send a message via AIM to dino59
Wanted A Bozak Dlc

Just like it says I am looking for a pristine dlc in perfect shape have up to two thousand dollars to spend but it has to be in perfect shape.thanks Dino
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bozak dlc pics.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1889  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2008, 02:08 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 826
I'll pay 2100.00
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2008, 07:08 PM
DISCOGUY DISCOGUY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26
I'll pay $2200.00
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
dino59 dino59 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 296
Send a message via AIM to dino59
bozak dlc

well what did i actually pay for the Buzzy Beck bozak dlc ? any guesses except jonh k
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2009, 12:20 PM
sense sense is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lost Angeles
Posts: 41
My guess is $3000?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
Dino, First off how did you luck out and find one? Second could we see pictures? And third off how do you like it? I talked to 2 people that have them and they say they are the real deal.

Last edited by Captainjr : 02-27-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Truba Truba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 43
i own one and i love it so much that its getting buried with me when i die hehe, its the best mixer i ever bought sound wise and build wise, blows my other mixers (xone 92 and 1620 and vestax pmc 46) out of water with ease.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
That is the same response I got from both people I talked to about the ones they own built by Mr. Beck. The heck with the new non USA Bozak company. We should get together and have Buzzy Beck do them for us on wave. I know several people here on wave know him and how to get a hold of him,but they keep it to them selfs.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-28-2009, 02:27 AM
dino59 dino59 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 296
Send a message via AIM to dino59
hey captain all i can say is give john a call
and come up with 3500 and you too can have one .he said buzzy just finished one .
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
Dino, Thanks for the heads up. I will PM John today. I beleive the units are well worth the money from the people I have talked to and the posts I read. I just sold 1 of my older units, so your info comes at a perfect time. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-05-2009, 01:38 PM
dino59 dino59 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 296
Send a message via AIM to dino59
well i told you one was ready for sale .so capt are you going to buy it ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
Thanks again Dino. I am trying to work a deal.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
LuvLatins's Avatar
LuvLatins LuvLatins is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Posts: 727
$2100 or $2200 yea even perhaps $2500 but $3500 NO WAY ! I don't care how good it is

So Dino you paid ?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 826
Dino,

You should explain were its from also show some pic full in detail.

Then will give you pricing as I know its not from Buzzy direct or a first hand mixer from Buzzy.

This is why you did not pay $3500.00

But I do want to say good for you if its what you wanted and got it for a great deal....

Mario G.
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
I am in complete agreement with you Mario. From what I have been told you need to first have a mixer in good shape ($1000.00) if you get and average one from e-bay lately. Now you lay about $1500.00 of new parts on the bench to do the rebuild. Now lets get it build and checked out. I understand why people think the way they do. You have to have a concept of what goe's into these units. I see the average price for a standard rebuild going for around $500.00 and up. Now lets consider what is involved in a DLC. High priced YES, but over priced I have to say NO. I am interested in the one on e-bay and I am trying to work out a deal on it. It is a original Buzzy Beck mint DLC.

Last edited by Captainjr : 03-07-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 826
Buzzy & I will have something real soon, as I said in the past..
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Mister T Mister T is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 83
I think this can be a bit misleading here, as this list assumes all these parts are paid at full price... which i doubt is the case, i doubt the seller runs a DLC charity on ebay. However if people are ready to pay the price great for the seller, but i have a few reservations on the concept.


No Warranty:
When you read the ebay listing saying ...

"Any Damage From Shipment Will Be The Responsibility Of The Buyer and Shall Be Taken Up With The Freight Carrier. The Unit Is Guaranteed Not To Be Electronically DOA If No Physical Damage Is Present From Shipping. No Other Warranty Is Expressed Or Implied. "

... i think it's slightly disgraceful to offer no warranty for a period of time (1 year ?) when you consider the price.

Some will argue that it is old vintage product, but then for a full "to spec" rebuilt mixer by one of the original technicians .... i believe some sort of warranty could be offered ...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
Any work Mr. Beck doe's he seems to stand behind 100% for years. People here on wave who deal with him would tell you that. I think the seller feels he should not be responsable if a freight company destroyed or crushed your unit. People buying any type of item like this need to realize they have to take a step to insure its safety. And by the way I was told of a mixer shipped that got crushed and Mr. Beck did about $600.00 worth of repairs for the customer at no charge due to the freight company giving the customer a hard time. Any company today usually makes a claim to a freight company if a item is damaged in shippment. I bought 3 Alps Black pots and they cost me $100.00 plus freight. I feel I got a bargain. I tracked down and original wired que switch and it was $70.00 plus freight. I am not trying to get anyone upset but I think every one needs to take a step back and consider todays price's. Consider the price of any other quality profesional mixer now a days.

Last edited by Captainjr : 03-08-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
I just received another e-mail from a owner of a DLC unit. He has stated to me that after 2 years Mr. Beck repaired a problem that some one else caused to his mixer. He was only charged the freight back and forth to his shop for the repair. That is enough for me. The seller of the unit in question quarantys it also, but the reason the item warranty is stated the way it is was because someone once tried to pull one over on him. Knowing the way some people are today I find this not so hard to beleive.

Last edited by Captainjr : 03-08-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Mister T Mister T is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 83
Few clarifications:
- warranty, i am not talking about shipping warranty, which obviously is to be dealt with the shipping company (ie pay extra to have it insured).

bozakisbetter, you have not read my comment fully:

1. misleading, i stand behind the point, i am sure many parts come from refurbished mixers bought of ebay and other places and then stripped to the bone to have spare parts. I do not believe a single second that they buy each single part independently and then get buzzybeck to assemble the mixer.

HOWEVER - there is nothing wrong with this, and this is how they make a margin with sourcing parts through used gear etc, which is the basis of trade, otherwise i believe djjonk would have better things to do rather than run a bozak dlc charity on ebay at breakeven cost...

2. regarding warranty on vintage gear i agree with you not everyone does it, but on an item costing twice the price of any other mixer, which has been rebuilt to full specs by THE technician, i find it a bit tight to offer none, 6 months could be cool

end of the day i find this a bit expensive for no warranty
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-08-2009, 05:14 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 826
Mixers built from Buzzy Beck are backed up 100%.
I think John has been a selling on eBay long enough
To know he is not going to rip anybody off.
Buzzy & I have seen mixers gone out working 100%
To spec, customer now wants to mess around on his own
And decides to play with the internal of his mixer,
now the thing is not working as it was sent out.
Then they expect for us to pay for the shipping to and from
Plus the time to repair what they messed with.
This is the reason why John states what he states.
I’m sure John will be sure you get what you pay for.

Mario G.
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Mister T Mister T is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 83
Hi,

This seems to be going out of proportions, so i will clarify my opinion once and for all. However please don't present your judgement using generalities 'bozakisbetter' but use facts. Obviously we won't go on holiday together

A few things to be clarified:
- i do believe BuzzyBeck stands behind his work, tell me when i said the opposite
- i do believe MarioG's and John's mixers and other pieces of audio gear for sale meet expectations: see for the GSA 3001 success (already 100+ in a couple months of sale) and the number of DLC sold with all positive feedback (obviously less often sold than the GSA but also not produced at the same pace) + John's feedback on ebay speaks for itself


Quote:
Originally Posted by bozakisbetter
I have spoken to Buzzy about your comments. I feel that you are very disrespectful and I'm sure others feel the same way. This is one of the reasons why Buzzy does not deal with the public and only deals with the chosen few.

If you can tell me what i am disrespectful about it will help to understand why you seem so upset about. I find it great that they offer these mixers, and they deserve reward for making them available, ie retribution (= money)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozakisbetter
Also, to me it seems as though you are saying that some of the people here on wave are not telling the truth. Is this okay? I don't believe so. But, again, this is a free country.

First of all i never said people were "not telling the truth"

definition of misleading = which can lead in a wrong direction / give the wrong impression (a classic example is the use of statistical data) though using true source of data.

In this case: i am not questioning the price of each single item which i believe true and accurate, but the DLC cost breakdown is presented: ie each time they produce a DLC this is what it costs them. I do believe that considering the volume of mixers they handle, these guys must be able to source parts cheaper through stripping mixers apart or getting hold of unused stock, ie they have industry knowledge for sourcing.

Not tell the truth = deliberately alter the factss

In this case: it would mean giving the wrong prices in the price list - which i never challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozakisbetter
I really suggest that you do your homework before you post your comments here. There has been too much negativity here in the past and I for one do not want to see anymore of it. But, again it is a free country. If you are going to post anymore comments, please post positive ones not speculation or terms that you would like. The world doesn't work that way.

Well all i can suggest is:
1. you read posts completely
2. open a dictionary to make sure you understand the meaning of the words you read
3. Yes as you say it is a free country so you can't tell me what to post in my future comments, even though i don't plan or ever planned posting something negative for the fun of it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozakisbetter
If a person wanting to buy a specific product sees the terms and conditions, and likes them, and buys, good for him/her. On another note, if the buyer doesn't like the terms and conditions, then, he/she doesn't have to buy and good luck to that buyer, pretty simple to me.

Agreed, i never said the opposite, show me where.
That is the reason i did not decide to buy one of these units though they have amazing feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozakisbetter
Further more, I have been told that all customers that have purchased one of these fine mixers have been completely satisfied. The guy's feedback speaks for itself.

Agreed, never said the opposite either.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Mister T Mister T is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 83
As edit does not work on my laptop:

CONCLUSION: all i am commenting about is the fact no user warranty is offered. I would have liked to see a user warranty valid for a reasonable period of time after purchase if anything happens to malfunction.

That's all
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
DISCOGUY DISCOGUY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26
I didn't find the the comments by Mister T to be distasteful or "disrespectful" as bozakisbetter suggests. They are perfectly reasonable observations. I suspect Mister T struck a nerve.

Appears that JonK and MarioG have come to a truce. I guess it was good for business.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
I am sorry but I have to agree with bozakisbetter. Why is John,s auction being questioned and singled out because he makes a statement about a warranty, yet others here have sold very high priced Bozaks with no warranty and their auctions were not questioned. The way I read the first statements by Mister T. makes me think he doe's not like John or Buzzy Beck. I read the statement of calling Mr. Beck "THE technition" as being directed in a negative way also. Mr. Beck has posted here threw John and Mario for years to help WAVE members with any Bozak mixer issues. If you do not know someone personally I think it is unfare to make statements about them or their work. Not just because I am interested in the auction, I also see a negitive trend in the statements that were made. I know the story why the auction is stated the way it is and I hope John comes on here and explains to you why it is stated that way. Not only do these mixers have a warranty, they carry one that I do not think anybody would offer. This warranty was stated as such because the item is being sold on-bay. If it was sold here it probably would have been considered to be a lifetime warranty if you would talk to John. We all should have the facts before we quetion or speak out against something or someone.

Last edited by Captainjr : 03-10-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006 Wave Music


© Wave Entertainment Group, Inc.