About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Techtalk is on timeout forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
Very nice hearing from a legend such as Buzzy, a great read indeed. However, to bring things back into focus, how about we return to the actual issue that brought us to this discussion thread: Mario and Gary starting a thread personally attacking Shorty. The thread was then allowed to run unchecked for many days by Scott the moderator who was no where to be seen. I'm sorry to disagree, but it IS the job of the moderator to delete such posts and these two issues are the core of the problem at hand. It is an unpaid job, but whomever accepts this responsibility needs to be active at least daily on this board to handle the job correctly, as is on any other message board.

I'm not interjecting any of my own opinion or bias, or the facts of the accusation as I don't feel at the end they are relevant because such an accusation has no place on this forum whether true or false. If you boil down all the commentary, this is why we are here and I think everyone needs to be reminded of that. The fact also remains Mario did not apologize for what he did in his response on this thread, only if he offended anyone.

What Marcellus said was addressed by him being banned and this was appropriate and how things should be handled in the future.

The other side issue that remains as a secondary discussion: the selling of goods on the forum, I feel has been addressed by the contractor's forum FK instituted.

Until the remaining above said issues are addressed, the forum is doomed to repeat its mistakes.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcellus
As a request, please show where someone "Apologized for their individual actions, then in the very next sentence of their post they blame someone, something, some country, etc. for causing the problems." Also this one "Now they not only want to attack products and persons, they want to add diferent countries and demographics against each other." Please point this out, as you see Mr. Buzzy, you don't have to be a 2nd or 3rd grader to see things that are not there...R.I.F. They teach that in kindergarten and 1st grade.
"How far will someone go to stir up a problem, and where and when will they stop?" How about asking your BUDDY the next time you two are working on a mixer and letting us know.

all posts were deleted but they did exist. i was quite shocked by the one on handicap.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe
to me, this (differentiating b/t what is there, and what someone may say out loud) seems like a critical thinking skill that's not taught in that stage of elementary school....

Not going to fight with you again, not worth my time. R.I.F. try it sometimes.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermionic
There's a really easy way to end all the petty fighting and sales trolling once and for all: simply ban subjective opinion, keeping the forum purely for technical and factual discussion. It's really easy. Look up the definition of subjective. It's fun to discuss personal opinions at a pub over a drink, when you have all the complex detail and inflection that human beings can communicate, but on a totally one-dimensional medium such as a message board, where you have about 10% of the human communication mechanisms to go on? That's pure masochism - self-flagellation...

You can learn skills from technical and factual discussions that will yield real benefits to you. What can you learn from reading that member 'x' prefers the sound of isolator 'y'? How does that progress the art of music hardware?

If you want people such as Buzzy (i.e. those with something tangible to contribute, as opposed to a stream of subjectively-based dogma) to post here, then ban the junk yard dog.

BTW - the best kind of moderator would be someone anonymous that's ruthless with the delete button. If it's not informative / educative, delete it (with rare exceptions such as good-natured humour or birthday greetings etc.).
I f you simply ban subjective opinions... I know I would be banned. You would be be banned. So would many others. Be careful what you wish for....
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister T
all posts were deleted but they did exist. i was quite shocked by the one on handicap.

If they were deleted then they were meant to not be seen. So why bring it up, except to do nothing more than offer his "subjective opinion." Look, I get the fact that he repaired many of you all mixers and offered some knowledge, that's great. I'm not going to lick his boots because of his so called legendary status. His "Legendary" status does not make him exempt from criticism.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Marcellus,

Check your post on the 27th of November; shortly after apologizing, which was on the 25th of November, you had this to say, "While many of you are praising the moderator of this board for doing a wonderful job....He has alot to do with some of the drama that goes on here. Proof is in the pudding, just look back over the years at some of his post and threads." Perhaps, this is what Buzzy was referencing, but I am only speculating, of course.

Surprisingly, the picture that made reference to people that are "retarded" came from FK; however, I doubt that FK posted that picture with malicious intentions toward anyone. This picture is still up on the board, too.

I also lurk, per se, in the background, and have enjoyed this board over the years... It is unfortunate that people who are supposedly well-mannered individuals behaved in the manner they did.

Robert
Old 12-06-2009, 09:52 PM

Thanks all for your help

It is so true that it has not been the same at all and its a shame
Old 12-06-2009, 09:59 PM

Also I would like to thank everyone who has been so kind with helping me with answering my question's. I really think it's a shame because this forum is the best forum as far as I am concerned. I hope it will continue to be in the future when ever that is ????????????????????????????
Old 12-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robresico
Marcellus,

Check your post on the 27th of November; shortly after apologizing, which was on the 25th of November, you had this to say, "While many of you are praising the moderator of this board for doing a wonderful job....He has alot to do with some of the drama that goes on here. Proof is in the pudding, just look back over the years at some of his post and threads." Perhaps, this is what Buzzy was referencing, but I am only speculating, of course.

Surprisingly, the picture that made reference to people that are "retarded" came from FK; however, I doubt that FK posted that picture with malicious intentions toward anyone. This picture is still up on the board, too.

I also lurk, per se, in the background, and have enjoyed this board over the years... It is unfortunate that people who are supposedly well-mannered individuals behaved in the manner they did.

Robert
TRULY READING IS VERY FUNDAMENTAL, AND I STRONLY SUGGEST THAT SOME OF YOU TRY IT BEFORE RESPONDING. It was clearly stated that it was in the same post, not in 2 separate post. So, do yourself a favor with your 6 post go back and read what was written before responding.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:34 PM

First off I would like to thank so many people for their support over the years in keeping the original Bozak line of products alive. I am always here to help anyone I can when a problem with a Bozak mixer, amp, etc. comes up. I will continue to do so through P.M.s and other members as I have done in the past. It is almost imposable for me to immediately come back with an answer to a question when I have so many other things going on. I am thankful to those who realize my situation and are willing to wait for their answers. Secondly I guess because of the age gap I have no idea what is going on here. When I was on radio back in the 1950s and 1960s I was called everything from Fantastic to a F---ing A--hole. You learn to let things like this roll off your back. Enough Said.

Last edited by Buzzy : 12-07-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Banned

Enough!

Look lets call a spade a spade. For the sake of sanity, lets clear something up. The thread about Webster Halls bass was fine until I made a comment about the BASSMAXXX system being inferior to the SBS system that was in there, IMHO BASSMAXX still sucks and I thought the SBS system was better. BASSMAXX has been discussed on the forum going back to Bliss nightclub installation. This led to others defending the sound installer. Nothing was said about the installer, just about the choice of product and the way it sounded. TRUTH be told if I didn't mention SBS in my post nothing would have been posted. From there it led to others posting unprovoked attacks on SBS and its owner. This prompted me (mostly) and several others to respond to the attacks. Before a falling out between the owner of SBS and a certain individual, those attacks would not have been aloud. Nowadays it is open season on the guy. For the love of christ, he didn't even respond once to those attacks. There is a bias here. I apologized for my actions, Kevin James apologized for his part in some of the bickering. Where are the apologies from some of the suppossed adults who have definitely played their role in a lot of the bickering and petty fights? As for the advertising thing, everyone here has done some form of advertising his/her wares on the board, be it lollipop headphone, turntable mods, mixer mods, sound installations, all the way down to RLA emblems. So when all you whiners stop complaining, and all of those who were definitely apart of the bickering, including the moderator, fess up to their wrong doings maybe the timeout will be over....if not stop complaining and move on.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
With that said, YOU still want the job!

Actually, I am willing to do what I can to help out, but I have a company & a business to run as well, If Wave decide to just have one moderator for the tech forum I wouldn’t be able to do it but if they spread the load with a couple of people I figured I could free up the time and it would be handy as I am on the opposite side of the planet and therefore my lunch break is around 10pm in NYC..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin James
Kieren, come on man, I like you and I respect you but you know as well as I do that's a total load of crap. Scott missed it the first day, ok fine it happens...I get that. But 2, 3, 4 days later and the mod still isn't anywhere to be found? That’s just plain not doing his job. A job HE accepted.

Yeah Kevin i do agree it carried on unchecked for way too long, But as we haven’t heard from Scott, There could have been a good explanation and we shouldn’t be bagging the man when he gives up his free time for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy
Just try and realize what a better World we could all help create if we just think first before we speak or act. Thanks for this chance to express my opinion.

Buzzy, That was quite a read, it’s a shame we don’t hear from you more often directly but I completely understand why you get friends to post your answers. Anyway keep up the good work mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermionic
BTW - the best kind of moderator would be someone anonymous that's ruthless with the delete button. If it's not informative / educative, delete it (with rare exceptions such as good-natured humour or birthday greetings etc.).

I can’t agree with you more on that, I always found it easy to be ruthless when I was a bouncer and normally I’m a teddy bear… Defiantly has to be someone willing to just delete anyone’s comments even if they do know them!
No disrespect intended, as I do think of you as a friend but I actually do like a bit of personal opinion from users of equipment from time to time so there must be some sort of line in the sand but I would prefer it to allow a little bit of personal review from time to time. In saying that I really miss the technical information that seem to be missing from the forum since yourself and others have disappeared and I do understand why the techs disappeared & a couple of times even I have contemplated leaving this forum behind.
I would happily read technical posts all day long if it was the only way to get those old informative threads going again!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 AM

How About Punishing The People Involved And Not The Rest Of Us Who Actually Act Like Adults And End This !!!! Doesn't Any One Think This Has Gone On Just A Little 2 Long !!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 AM

free for all forum...

why not just make a forum called "cage match" or something like that and whenever people get heated just slam the thread over there... those that want to watch the drama and/or get involved can do so freely... and the rest of us that want to talk audio on a more calm level can do so without fear of the "know it alls" trying to rip us a new a##hole....
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 PM

Ummm, yeah... okay Marcellus... perhaps you are the one who needs to take a class on reading LOL! Weren't you banned, supposedly? Do I need to assist you in understanding the context of that sentence as well, or do you understand the word "supposedly?" Perhaps, you can also look up the word "speculate." Sorry, but I do not have hundreds of posts defending myself against the entire-board, or kissing your new BFF Shorty's ass.

Kind regards,

Robert
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robresico
Ummm, yeah... okay Marcellus... perhaps you are the one who needs to take a class on reading LOL! Weren't you banned, supposedly? Do I need to assist you in understanding the context of that sentence as well, or do you understand the word "supposedly?" Perhaps, you can also look up the word "speculate." Sorry, but I do not have hundreds of posts defending myself against the entire-board, or kissing your new BFF Shorty's ass.

Kind regards,

Robert
Look, now I'll probably will be banned again for this one. There is no supposedly in any thing that I have posted Robert with 7 big post. I stated a FACT not OPINION. Opinions are like assholes, which you are apparently one. I don't need to defend myself to anyone, I apologized to the board, either accept or don't. I don't care! As far as kissing Shorty's ass, NO THANKS! You my friend can kiss mine though, right in the middle!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 PM

"Look, now I'll probably will be banned again for this one. There is no supposedly in any thing that I have posted Robert with 7 big post. I stated a FACT not OPINION. Opinions are like assholes, which you are apparently one. I don't need to defend myself to anyone, I apologized to the board, either accept or don't. I don't care! As far as kissing Shorty's ass, NO THANKS! You my friend can kiss mine though, right in the middle!" (Marcellus).

I hope you do get banned, finally! You are tired and boring... in fact, if someone can put up one of those polls for who thinks Marcellus should be banned, I think the results would not be in your favor...

With that said,

Best regards,

Robert
Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Banned

"thanks"

You're special!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
I think it's time to RESET,,,, TechTalk 2.0 -> please stop bringing up old issues old posts & points to debate this is not helping things.

No more personal attacks only facts please. I know we get fired up but can we all just learn to chill. We all know when we hear crap.. just learn to filter it out without the point by point response it's tiresome.

Less subjective opinions are fine by me. It forces us to look beyond the hype and focus on the facts.

Quote:
So when all you whiners stop complaining, and all of those who were definitely apart of the bickering, including the moderator, fess up to their wrong doings maybe the timeout will be over....if not stop complaining and move on.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles0322
I think it's time to RESET,,,, TechTalk 2.0 -> please stop bringing up old issues old posts & points to debate this is not helping things.

No more personal attacks only facts please. I know we get fired up but can we all just learn to chill. We all know when we hear crap.. just learn to filter it out without the point by point response it's tiresome.

Less subjective opinions are fine by me. It forces us to look beyond the hype and focus on the facts.
I'm with you Charles, fresh start!!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Look, now I'll probably will be banned again for this one. There is no supposedly in any thing that I have posted Robert with 7 big post. I stated a FACT not OPINION. Opinions are like assholes, which you are apparently one. I don't need to defend myself to anyone, I apologized to the board, either accept or don't. I don't care! As far as kissing Shorty's ass, NO THANKS! You my friend can kiss mine though, right in the middle!

dude, come on.... chill
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 AM

Stop here and everyone take a break! I feel the advice stated by Buzzy earlier should be considered. Even if you are angered by someone think before you speak and let things roll off your back would eliminate a lot of problems we are seeing in post that turn to arguments. Control yourself when you answer and nobody would need to be ban from posting.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:20 PM

Marcellus I think wether 7 post or 7,000 post doesn't mater, it seems here that you must have a short fuse cause as soon as someone brings up shorty you explode. So like Mistick said just chill.......I didn't know the person is ranked on how many post they put up.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe

dude, come on.... chill
Obviously you are only reading what I posted. Try reading what the other guy posted....then you can get at me, ok chief.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhobo
Marcellus I think wether 7 post or 7,000 post doesn't mater, it seems here that you must have a short fuse cause as soon as someone brings up shorty you explode. So like Mistick said just chill.......I didn't know the person is ranked on how many post they put up.

Listen hobo, dude posted about Shorty, not me. Telling me to kiss his ass. He got the response he was asking for.