About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Techtalk is on timeout forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 PM

Marcellus,

I'm sorry, but you are missing the whole point. You responded to my post, criticizing my ability to read, which I said in my initial post that I was speculating about Buzzy's intention, or comment, which may have been exagerated by saying that it was in the next line or what not after you had "suppposedly" apologized. At any rate -- which it doesn't really matter because a point was being made -- it was your next post: immediately after Mario G posted his response. Imagine the odds of that, too!

Nonetheless, my comment about you being his new BFF is about how you recently, within the last thirty-days or so began to constantly stroke his ego: please look at my posts as well, I also find his work to be incredible; I just didn't say it four times a day, or every other day (again, I am not trying to be specific in my fact-findings or explanation).

Furthermore, you are an instigator (please excuse the spelling (my spell checker is not on)). You are like a bully on the net, which is why I said that you are tired, like a broken record, constantly being rude and disrespectful towards others. IMHO, you must not have that high of self-esteem to be acting the way you do, or you would relax and attempt to get along with others. Sorry for keeping it real, but I can only look so much without having to jump in and keep it real.

BTW, I put up one of those polls, and hopefully this timeout can be ended upon enough "concrete" data.

Best regards,

Robert
Old 12-08-2009, 06:27 PM

Seriously, please give it a rest.

Think it's time to leave this petty drama.
________
vaporizer review

Last edited by Richi : 02-02-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robresico
Marcellus,

I'm sorry, but you are missing the whole point. You responded to my post, criticizing my ability to read, which I said in my initial post that I was speculating about Buzzy's intention, or comment, which may have been exagerated by saying that it was in the next line or what not after you had "suppposedly" apologized. At any rate -- which it doesn't really matter because a point was being made -- it was your next post: immediately after Mario G posted his response. Imagine the odds of that, too!

Nonetheless, my comment about you being his new BFF is about how you recently, within the last thirty-days or so began to constantly stroke his ego: please look at my posts as well, I also find his work to be incredible; I just didn't say it four times a day, or every other day (again, I am not trying to be specific in my fact-findings or explanation).

Furthermore, you are an instigator (please excuse the spelling (my spell checker is not on)). You are like a bully on the net, which is why I said that you are tired, like a broken record, constantly being rude and disrespectful towards others. IMHO, you must not have that high of self-esteem to be acting the way you do, or you would relax and attempt to get along with others. Sorry for keeping it real, but I can only look so much without having to jump in and keep it real.

BTW, I put up one of those polls, and hopefully this timeout can be ended upon enough "concrete" data.

Best regards,

Robert
Let sleeping dogs.....
Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 PM

i don't understand your use of the idiom above marcellus...

care to elaborate?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

Nope! I Don't Care To Carry On With You Guys Anymore.

As you and others have posted I don't play well with others. So gonna do my own thing. Have a good one!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:02 AM

Hmm. Nice.

Seems to me that anyone that REALLY wants to read or talk audio just might opt NOT to do it here.

About the way I handle things, well, when I do step in, most yell foul, and now that I go on vacation, ( yes, I am entitled to a vacation too ), and have done nothing, most yell foul.

About moderating, well, it has reached the point of futility, for me. This last blowout is just another riot in kindergarten, IMHO! The name of my game IS NOT BEING YOU GUYS BABYSITTER, OR ANY PARTICULAR AUDIO COMPANIES, OR SINGLE PERSONS ONLINE BOUNCER AND BODYGUARD!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 PM

hope your vacation was a nice one Scott.

i do tend to agree with you....

Moderating, it's a tough spot to be in, especially around these parts it seems.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 PM

south brooklyn moderation

ask scott how they moderate a fight in south brooklyn and i think you might understand his online attitude much better... to get in the middle only sets you up to get snuffed... better to let the beef be squashed by the individuals involved and hope noones packing heat!!!! that might sound simplistic adn even barbaric to someone from other countries... but hey... thats how its done in da BK.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
It's really simple Scotty. That thread Mario and Gary started should have just been deleted. If not immediately, then within a few days. It had no place on this forum. Even if you're on vacation I think it's reasonable to poke in here every few days. It's not like this forum is that active where there are that many threads to monitor. A friend of mine moderates an auto forum that has on average a thousand posts a day and 100 active members at a time. That's a lot to handle. The half dozen or dozen threads a day that are active on this forum really aren't that big of a deal to look after.

It's just there's a pattern Scotty. You can claim Shorty this and Shorty that and someone can claim Mario this Mario that. However, this is now the second major incident in recent memory where a thread bashing Shorty was left to run away and it got out of control. I know the typical response is Shorty does this or over-advertises that. That's irrelevant to the topic at hand. Any thread containing straight up attacks in it, no matter by whom, should be removed, and I think a couple days is a reasonable time frame.

Re: the comment on how they do it in brooklyn, this is an internet forum being hosted out of the generosity of someone else's good will. This isn't Brooklyn, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5

Hmm. Nice.

Seems to me that anyone that REALLY wants to read or talk audio just might opt NOT to do it here.

About the way I handle things, well, when I do step in, most yell foul, and now that I go on vacation, ( yes, I am entitled to a vacation too ), and have done nothing, most yell foul.

About moderating, well, it has reached the point of futility, for me. This last blowout is just another riot in kindergarten, IMHO! The name of my game IS NOT BEING YOU GUYS BABYSITTER, OR ANY PARTICULAR AUDIO COMPANIES, OR SINGLE PERSONS ONLINE BOUNCER AND BODYGUARD!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf104
Even if you're on vacation I think it's reasonable to poke in here every few days.

just to play devil's advocate, when i was travelling recently I basically had no access to the internet where I was.
I had the laptop and smartphone with me, but couldn't access anything board-wise, had big time
connectivity issues while in that locale, as is the usual situation.

It sounds like i missed a doozy of a thread while out of town (11/20-11/27) w/o interweb access.

so i am guessing that that particular thread & some other recent ones were cleaned up,
and the board shut down at ~ the same time?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf104
It's really simple Scotty. That thread Mario and Gary started should have just been deleted. If not immediately, then within a few days. It had no place on this forum. Even if you're on vacation I think it's reasonable to poke in here every few days. It's not like this forum is that active where there are that many threads to monitor. A friend of mine moderates an auto forum that has on average a thousand posts a day and 100 active members at a time. That's a lot to handle. The half dozen or dozen threads a day that are active on this forum really aren't that big of a deal to look after.

It's just there's a pattern Scotty. You can claim Shorty this and Shorty that and someone can claim Mario this Mario that. However, this is now the second major incident in recent memory where a thread bashing Shorty was left to run away and it got out of control. I know the typical response is Shorty does this or over-advertises that. That's irrelevant to the topic at hand. Any thread containing straight up attacks in it, no matter by whom, should be removed, and I think a couple days is a reasonable time frame.

Re: the comment on how they do it in brooklyn, this is an internet forum being hosted out of the generosity of someone else's good will. This isn't Brooklyn, yo.
But, then Adam, always remember that I DIDN'T say how it's done in Brooklyn. AND, I decided to NOT be online while on vacation. AND, YOU don't pay my way, salaries, etc!

Therefore, YOU have NO say in how I live and manage my personal life.

Then, IF, and I do say "IF" you had paid attention to the last blowout during the summer, you would would have realized I was actually telling YOU and Kevin to knock it off, finding out, or trying to find out, who was Gavin Whitehead!!!! In my supposed infinite unfairness to Shorty as you claim I am, IT IS SHORTY I WAS TRYING TO GET GAVIN TO LAY OFF OF!

Unfortunately, both Kevin and yourself kept on going, and going, and going......

Even when courteously asked to stop, neither of you would. THEN, you gentleman decided to turn your assault on me.

As I see it, your more the problem, than any kind of solution, but, again, IF someone really looks at this forum, they, IMHO, see posting on the intellectual level of National Enquirer quality. And, as such, might look at this forum as a goof, rather than a forum that is seriously dedicated to dance club sound.

You say I chastise a particular individual and his gear, FOR THE RECORD I DO NOT PUT THE GEAR DOWN, only ads lacking technical specs, and peoples demeanor in how the speak to one another.

OTOH, I can't say I really care anymore, either which way, because truthfully, I don't. And hey, I owe YOU and NO ONE anything! My time is MINE and what I did here, was DONATE MY TIME!

And YOU, Mr. Fremer have absolutely no right to tell me when I should or should not peek in.

And since you are one of the #1 persons to scream FOUL when I do have to step in and use moderator controls, you have also achieved a #1 position of being one of the very last I will listen to, IF AT ALL.

And IF Francois feels the time has come to put someone new in, I have no problem with that, either.

You must understand that all of our lives will continue to go on. I can't say where your headed, how could I or would I know? But, I do know where I'm going, and IT'S GOOD! Quite frankly, sir, that is really all that matters, at this point.

So, YES, I am saying since you talk the talk, YOU fight the fight , because NONE OF YOU OWN ME, and I am NOBODIES PERSONAL ONLINE BOUNCER OR BODYGUARD!

Have a great week.

Last edited by clubman5 : 12-09-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
But, then Adam, always remember that I DIDN'T say how it's done in Brooklyn. AND, I decided to NOT be online while on vacation. AND, YOU don't pay my way, salaries, etc!

Therefore, YOU have NO say in how I live and manage my personal life.

Then, IF, and I do say "IF" you had paid attention to the last blowout during the summer, you would would have realized I was actually telling YOU and Kevin to knock it off, finding out, or trying to find out, who was Gavin Whitehead!!!! In my supposed infinite unfairness to Shorty as you claim I am, IT IS SHORTY I WAS TRYING TO GET GAVIN TO LAY OFF OF!

Unfortunately, both Kevin and yourself kept on going, and going, and going......

Even when courteously asked to stop, neither of you would. THEN, you gentleman decided to turn your assault on me.

As I see it, your more the problem, than any kind of solution, but, again, IF someone really looks at this forum, they, IMHO, see posting on the intellectual level of National Enquirer quality. And, as such, might look at this forum as a goof, rather than a forum that is seriously dedicated to dance club sound.

You say I chastise a particular individual and his gear, FOR THE RECORD I DO NOT PUT THE GEAR DOWN, only ads lacking technical specs, and peoples demeanor in how the speak to one another.

OTOH, I can't say I really care anymore, either which way, because truthfully, I don't. And hey, I owe YOU and NO ONE anything! My time is MINE and what I did here, was DONATE MY TIME!

And YOU, Mr. Fremer have absolutely no right to tell me when I should or should not peek in.

And since you are one of the #1 persons to scream FOUL when I do have to step in and use moderator controls, you have also achieved a #1 position of being one of the very last I will listen to, IF AT ALL.

And IF Francois feels the time has come to put someone new in, I have no problem with that, either.

You must understand that all of our lives will continue to go on. I can't say where your headed, how could I or would I know? But, I do know where I'm going, and IT'S GOOD! Quite frankly, sir, that is really all that matters, at this point.

So, YES, I am saying since you talk the talk, YOU fight the fight , because NONE OF YOU OWN ME, and I am NOBODIES PERSONAL ONLINE BOUNCER OR BODYGUARD!

Have a great week.

Watch me spin live Saturdays 3-5PM PST here
http://www.stickam.com/faderwaveradio

Baba Booey!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin James
See Kev, I speak, it obviously isn't what you want me say, you lash out.

Mature?

So, although I could delete post, I think I'll keep it available for people to see, as I have quoted you, and allow all to form their own opinions and conclusions.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
See Kev, I speak, it obviously isn't what you want me say, you lash out.

Mature?

So, although I could delete post, I think I'll keep it available for people to see, as I have quoted you, and allow all to form their own opinions and conclusions.

Huh? Did you say something? I can't hear you. Seriousely though Scott, at this point I couldn't care less what you have to say.

Watch me spin live Saturdays 3-5PM PST here
http://www.stickam.com/faderwaveradio

Baba Booey!

Last edited by Kevin James : 12-10-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Sorry, I have been busy and traveling.

Guys, I am really, really impressed by this latest display.... that's all I can think of saying.

At this point, and based on the continuous outpouring of venom we are reading here, it appears that finally things
are going to be coming to a head. This was the reason for this forum. Things needing to be discussed. But we're falling
back into the same patterns of bickering, name-calling and venting anger.

And 'right' or 'wrong', those who cannot control their language and stay polite in expressing their disagreements are
going to be having to pay the price for being so quick to draw, for being unable to say the same thing, but politely.

Being that after all of this time, neither Gary Stewart nor Shorty have seen it fit to give us any of their thoughts on the
situation, I guess we will just have to set rules on how it will have to go down for sound installers from here on out.

Stay tuned.

FK
Old 12-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin James
Huh? Did you say something? I can't hear you. Seriousely though Scott, at this point I couldn't care less what you have to say.

Let's be totally honest: neither do the rest of us care about you posting such things at this point. If these are your
contributions to the community, please think about how the affect other people reading them, and what we get from it.

Suspended for two weeks, to give you time to think on how to improve your online manners. If you persist, then
we will ask you to find somewhere else to express your anger at how unfair the world is.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:19 AM

go FK... go FK... go FK!!!!

BK + FK in da house!!!!! let em have it!!! coney island and da vill come together to bust some online heads(so to speak)!!! you show em where youre from!!! all these whining sissies are working my nerves!!!! throw em out!!! lets get back to talking volts and ohms and decibels like real men!!!! leave the drama for coked up queens and bad mexican soap operas!!! ban any bitch that starts shit for no reason so we can discuss our gear without getting an earful from the peanut gallery!!! i think its funny that most people that start shit online are really usually the type to run away from a real scuffle. or maybe run and get their older brother....hahaha
Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretflute
BK + FK in da house!!!!! let em have it!!! coney island and da vill come together to bust some online heads(so to speak)!!! you show em where youre from!!!

well funnily enough FK was born in France in Rodez !
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 PM

well... he certainly lost the accent!!!hahaha i guess his name gives it away... for some reason i thought he was from the village... go figure!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
I'd just like to say Francois contacted me as he stated and out of respect for him I will step away from the issues at hand and let things move forward however they see fit. I'd also like to say a new forum has been created: www.nightclubaudio.net where a broader range of topics specifically about night club technology can be discussed. EVERYONE is welcome.