Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 AM

Hello there everyone, I was hoping if you could help me out???

Hello there I was hoping if you could help me out???

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced problems dealing with Duo Audio? (www.duo-audio.com)

My story is this…..

I ordered and paid for a lollipop stick in May 07. I still haven’t received it and I haven’t heard from the owner David Meza since 01/09/07. When I last heard from Meza he told me he was going to start working on it, or if I wasn’t happy I can have a refund! Naturally after waiting all this time a refund is that last thing I want. I just want the product I have paid for.

I have emailed Duo Audio three times since with no response from David Meza or anyone else connected to the company. The general communication over the last 6 months has been very poor but no response to my three recent emails is very disappointing and incredibly rude. There is a number I can ring but for one I live in the UK and two shouldn’t have to.

I have noticed on the website since my last email that a message from David saying ‘Stick orders are on hold so they can catch up on work’. Oh quaaaalllllity Meza thanks for that. You take your time. I’ll just smash my head into a brick wall with joy.

Joking aside if anyone has had any bad experiences with Duo Audio or knows that what I am experiencing is their normal way of working could you please let me know? It would help ease my the frustration of being so far out of pocket by over $150 plus but more so of being without the stick I’ve been so looking forward to using.

Thank you very much for your time in reading this.

David if you read this or know of David can you please get in touch with James Bradshaw to let him know when he will finally be sent what he has paid for.

Last edited by JWB76 : 11-14-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 AM

david is on this site http://www.wavemusic.com/community/member.php?u=2499
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 AM

i've never had any issues with David personally...

Doolittle & Seymour Associates
Old 11-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_traic

Well that's good news then. Hopeully he'll see my post and do the decent thing and get back to me about what's going on with my 6 month ago ordered Lollipop stick.

Thanks for letting me know.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA.audio
i've never had any issues with David personally...

So you've had no issues ordering gear from Duo Audio/David?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWB76
So you've had no issues ordering gear from Duo Audio/David?

that's correct, i've had no issues in my dealings with Mr. Mezza...

Doolittle & Seymour Associates
Old 11-14-2007, 04:07 PM

Hi James,
two of my friends and i have all bought product from David and had no issues, just quality product and service. I was going to order another lollipop from Duo Audio but i saw on their site the notice about not taking any orders etc..
I know David posts here on Wave and Deep House Pages, i am sure he will see your posts. In my experience he is a good guy. I hope you resolve your situation soon.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 PM

I dont know whats going on in Daves life right now, but he is an honorable person. Give it a bit of time, I will also try to contact him.

However, I know Dave, and he is an upstanding guy.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:31 PM

I bought a 'phone off him last year no problems whatsoever...outstanding service. As mentioned he may have a personal issue?.......

Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM

I bought a pre amp card off him for my Urei and had no problem.

Allen
Old 11-14-2007, 05:55 PM

Personal issues or not, having to wait for a product for 6months after paying the man is ridiculous, especially since he makes more then double profit on each product sold. His only excuse is if he lost your order.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM

I called Dave, and left a message on his machine. Lets give him a chance. See what happens! I kind of feel something might be wrong, as Dave has always been a reputable person. I have bought things from him, and never a problem. THIS is the first time I have ever heard of anything like this with him.

If I cant get him to respond within a week, then Ill have to reconsider things. But, Im sure when he does surface, he will make good on his obligations! I think this is very unlike Dave Mezza, and its why I feel something might be wrong.

Last edited by clubman5 : 11-14-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:57 AM

JWB76, you're not the only guy to wait for more than 6 months...
I had a response to a e-mail 3 months ago that says he suffered a delays on stick headphones...
Having waiting for that long, i don't see the point in canceling my 350 dollards
stickphone...

By the way Hi to everyone, this being my first post(and maybe the last, i'm french!).

Last edited by al dj bundy : 01-23-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
I called Dave, and left a message on his machine. Lets give him a chance. See what happens! I kind of feel something might be wrong, as Dave has always been a reputable person. I have bought things from him, and never a problem. THIS is the first time I have ever heard of anything like this with him.

If I cant get him to respond within a week, then Ill have to reconsider things. But, Im sure when he does surface, he will make good on his obligations! I think this is very unlike Dave Mezza, and its why I feel something might be wrong.

Hello again. Sorry I haven't done this sooner but I wanted everyone to know that David Meza called me Weds night about 10:30pm UK time. Thank you to clubman5 for making the effort in ringing and leaving a messge for David Meza. Much appreciated.

The story is this. David has been working a custom mixer project (I think for traxsource) which has been eating all his time up. He seem pretty gutted about the whole thing in that he hasn't been able put any time aside for my order and others I presume. He was apologetic to me and said he would pick up my order straight away to work on it. I should be expecting an email from him soon to say it has been done. I still shoud have been kept informed of what was gong on and the fact I never had any responses to my emails was poor and frustrating. In all fairness to David though it was very decent of him to call me (all be it from having to post on the wave site) to let me know the situation. I have alot of time for that. He seemed like a decent guy which he not doubt is from other people's comments.

I'm alot happy than I was as lollipop headphone will be with me soon. Just thought it was important to let everyone know the story so far and to stop any further bad press David Meza and DuoAudio might get from this thread.

Thanks gain to those who posted.

James
Old 11-17-2007, 03:38 PM

There we go ........ problem solved. I just know that when you get the headphone any bad vibes you had concerning the wait will be forgotten. Handmade PERFECTION
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM

JWB76 & al dj bundy - did you ever get your sticks from Duo Audio?

I am in the same position as you guys. I ordered and paid for my stick back in May and despite several emails, voicemails etc I haven't had any response at all. Just tried to send Mr Meza a PM, but got message back that he doesn't or can't accept PMs.

Didn't really want to resort to posting here about this kind of thing, but this a last resort. Am beginning to feel I have been well and truly fleeced. I only went to Duo based on comments I had read here, but now I wish I had gone down to Vinyl Junkies here in London and bought a stick over the counter.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM

Not yet.But i'm patient as i have already a duo audio stickphone...but i understand your frustration...
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 PM

duo/meza

I also have bought phones from David,,either for me or for friends.
I had minor delays on the orders,probably due to his supplyers and customs here (i am in Portugal,europe)

Either from that is work is great,and despite that minor delays David had always answer my questions ,either e-mail or msn messeger.

Actually DUO audio is the best option if you want quality phones
Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 PM

al dj bundy - thanks for the update
Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 AM

I thought sticks were fairly easy to make. I would be pissed. The only thing I would wait 7-8 months on is a small production sports car. Possibly a one off mixer. But a stick head phone? I could have made 20 in that time alone.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 AM

i made my own too but im sure it does not sound the same or have the same build quality or interconnect cords that duo offers

i heard hes building a mixer for traxsource and on his website he says hes not accepting orders until he gets caught up

im sure he just got busy

check his website
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinhands
JWB76 & al dj bundy - did you ever get your sticks from Duo Audio?

I know JWB76 and he's now received his stick.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 PM

I still didn't receive anything...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:02 PM

Me neither..
Old 01-23-2008, 06:40 PM

i didn't either. have you already paid movinhands & al dj bundy?