Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Delay in response never recieved

Your not the only one, this also happened to me After waiting over a month.
After a numerous amount of emails and phone calls, I had no choice but to ask for a refund. I waited a little longer and then finaly recieved a response that he would do what he could but that refunds were not part of their policies and If he did issue a refund, I would be charged a restocking fee??
Restocking Fee? I didnt understand how I was going to be charged for a stickphone that he obviously did'nt have in stock to begin with....
Mr. Mezza thanks for the refund, a little communication goes a long way.

I really wanted this unit and would have been very happy if it was shipped in a timely matter.. I still want one David, Please let us know when you have enough of these built so I can re-order. Better yet I'll send you my MDRV 900's and you could build me a pair out of my own headphones!

Peace an One luv brotha!!

Last edited by joeydj4u : 01-23-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:49 PM

dancindave

is his account too
Old 01-24-2008, 03:39 PM

Hello to everyone on this thread. I'm sorry I've not got back sooner than I have but to the question asked yes I did receive my stick headphone. I finally picked it up around the end of Nov 07. I was very happy and still am with the product but the length of time to wait and frustration caused was a disgrace.

I'm really glad I originally posted on this forum and it has obviously unearthed the same kind of problems for many other people out there when dealing with DUO AUDIO.

One thing I didn't post at the time was during my 8 month wait David Meza told me would send me an extra straight cable to show appreciation for your patience (see below).

> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:20:48 -0700
> From: david@duo-audio.com
> To: jwbradsh@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Sony 7506
>
> James:
>
> I've had a crazy time since you've sent your headphone for conversion.
> Red Bull commissioned some custom headphones and called in to have their
> pieces shipped immediately. It took all of my time and resources.
> Consequently, I am in New England for the next two weeks. Upon my
> return I will be continuing headphone work and have yours sent out
> thereafter. To show appreciation for your patience I will be sending an
> extra straight, sleeved cable.
>
> Kind Regards, David
>
> James Bradshaw wrote:
> > David
> >
> > Any news on the delivery of my stick headphone? It's been a while
> > since I ordered and I last heard from you. Could you let me know how
> > things are getting on?
> >
> > Regards
> > James

At the time of sending my stick out (Nov 07) the only cables he had were the coiled ones (apparently no longer standard anyway as I remember from a comment on the DUO-AUDIO site). He was out of stock with the straight cables but said over the phone he would send me one once he had some in. I sent him an email few days after receiving my stick to ask a few questions, one of which was about the extra cable. I'm still none the wiser as to when I will be sent the cable out as I'm still awaiting a reply from him!

Old tricks die hard it seems or maybe I'm just hoping there is a valid reason as to why I've not heard from him.

I'm hoping David will pick up this post again hopefully from the good will of someone passing it on to him like before. Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to do that.

In the meantime I'll await a email/call from David.

Hope all those out there still without their orders receive them soon.

James
Old 01-24-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulhead
i didn't either. have you already paid movinhands & al dj bundy?

Of course!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:53 PM

still no word from David
Old 03-24-2008, 01:46 AM

anyone else still having problems getting in touch with David?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM

Duo Is Great

Dave has done many things for me and I have never had a problem. I do know he gets backed up from time to time - usually due to being a one-man show sometimes. I have ordered 2 stick headphones from him and it took him about 3 weeks to get it to me (I live in Northern Cal, he lives in So Cal).

Currently, he is doing some work on my Bozak, and I have NO complaints. I think is what some people need to realize is that he is always slammed with work, so be patient. When your work order is up, he's all over it.

I will continue to do business with Mr. Meza, and I will continue to recommend him. Additionally, he will accept other forms of payment, not just money orders (those are a pain and have been a constant factor in who I do business with).

My 2 cents, and strictly my opinion.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:44 PM

In two months, it will be a year since i ordered my lollypop...and in two months if the thing is not ready to ship to the "old continent" i'll ask for my money back, cos' i think i was patient enough...
Old 03-24-2008, 01:11 PM

Wow, with everyone posting their issues with this company, why would anyone continue to order from him?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:20 PM

Not Unreasonable

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dj bundy
In two months, it will be a year since i ordered my lollypop...and in two months if the thing is not ready to ship to the "old continent" i'll ask for my money back, cos' i think i was patient enough...

There is nothing unreasonable wigth what you have just said. I would do the same thing. As mentioned, I have never encountered any of this and am very surprised it has occurred.

Ryan
Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 PM

Now he won’t ship my headphone or refund my money. Can you believe it?!!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 PM

Don't you want a nice phono card instead?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Line-Preamp-Card...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM

thanks, but no thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 PM

i finally got an email from David saying my headphone will ship by this Friday!! omg. i'll wait an see if he comes through for sure
Old 04-07-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulhead
i finally got an email from David saying my headphone will ship by this Friday!! omg. i'll wait an see if he comes through for sure

Fingers crossed for you!

Peece,
T. Tauri
Old 04-08-2008, 05:23 AM

Yeah!Please give us some news very soon...
Old 04-08-2008, 02:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
Dave is really a good guy.. I know it sucks that some clients have been prioritized.

It would seem that as a small business it grew faster than the production side of things. If you can stick with it, you won't be upset with the results.

In my dealings with Duo, I was 110% satisfied. That is going on 2 1/2 years ago.. I bought cards and stickphones and the gear is top notch.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Thumbs down

lucky for you charles0322.

after nine months i have still not received my order from David. he doesn't even send an email to explain the delay.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 PM

13 months!He sent me a link to usps the 7th saying that they were expecting a package from duo-audio...and it's been 4 days so i'm holding my breath!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 7, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
LOL!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:52 AM

u people all need to chill!!! this company is run by two people. quality takes time and patience. i have dealt with david for numerous items. i originally ordered a wooden design stick, however issues arose and david kept me up to date on them. yes, sometimes i needed to remind him with an email however he always got back to me. our communication was over 6 months at least, and i never once thought i was getting the shaft..eventually we sorted it out and i settled with another design and he gave me $ back to my Paypal account. this is over two years ago as well, before the move out west. david meza is a stand up fellow i can assure you. like i said patience is required. this isnt futureshop youre dealing with. this is a small business with with great demand for their product. think of how many orders these two fellows get for stick headphones let alone mixer modifications. you will get your phones, and you will love them. just give the man a chance.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
100% agreed

Dave is a very good technician and if the service is not fast enough custom work takes time. The problem with specialty companies is the demand comes in swings. It would seem you are unlucky in your timing. Im not sure your energy is best spent trying to show your unhappiness on the message boards..

Every dealing I have had with Duo Dave has been 100% excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff
u people all need to chill!!! this company is run by two people. quality takes time and patience. i have dealt with david for numerous items. i originally ordered a wooden design stick, however issues arose and david kept me up to date on them. yes, sometimes i needed to remind him with an email however he always got back to me. our communication was over 6 months at least, and i never once thought i was getting the shaft..eventually we sorted it out and i settled with another design and he gave me $ back to my Paypal account. this is over two years ago as well, before the move out west. david meza is a stand up fellow i can assure you. like i said patience is required. this isnt futureshop youre dealing with. this is a small business with with great demand for their product. think of how many orders these two fellows get for stick headphones let alone mixer modifications. you will get your phones, and you will love them. just give the man a chance.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
13 months!He sent me a link to usps the 7th saying that they were expecting a package from duo-audio...and it's
been 4 days so i'm holding my breath!

Quote:
Dave is a very good technician and if the service is not fast enough custom work takes time. The problem with specialty companies is the demand comes in swings. It would seem you are unlucky in your timing. Im not sure your energy is best spent trying to show your unhappiness on the message boards..

Quote:

How mwny of you guys waited 13 months for a paid product
I want a duo so bad but this is the reason I have not put my order in yet think about it 1 year cmon who would'nt be frustrated !
Old 06-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles0322

13 months man!13 months!Believe me i've been very cool i wrote to him i could wait but not that long!
The real problem is the communication, i had to threat him to retire my command to have an answer(well...not really an answer but a link to usps and there are no update on the usps site so i guess the unit is stil in his possession...).
And don't forget i paid 13 months ago.I didn't insult david meza (as i'm a polite man) but i guess i have the right to be a little sarcastic about this situation cause if i knew i'll wait that long i'd never ordered from duo-audio...
Old 06-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfly
How mwny of you guys waited 13 months for a paid product
I want a duo so bad but this is the reason I have not put my order in yet think about it 1 year cmon who would'nt be frustrated !

Your knowledge of this situation prevented you from ordering from duo-audio, your knowledge of this thread...